Friday, October 1, 2010

the weeks

Hello and good afternoon! The weather is so wonderful! I hope you have noticed and praised God for the change in seasons:
{How cute are these owls}

Just wanted to start off by saying how thankful I am to have friends that I can depend on to be there for me.  With out them I could never have a relationship with God or beable to keep my head on.
Anyway, school is going pretty well. I seem to be slipping more and more into average mode and making B's on papers :( so hopefully this next six weeks will spark a neurotransmitter that has been long over due for commission. In Psychology we're studying DREAMS!!!
They are so interesting, especially since I have wild ones that don't always make sense... Someday I would love to meet a person that God has blessed with the gift of interpreting dreams because I have a ton for them : ) It's crazy to see all the different theroies that people have come up with to try and explain why we have dreams. I'm still not sure myself so maybe this chapter will enlighten me!
English has been super fabulous as well. My teacher gave a great lecture on how Rhetoric is used on women in society; ads, dehumanization, etc. It was so moving and I just wanted to smack some guys's heads and say wake-up he's talking about the real world here!
And, we're about to start a project called "Project Heape-Way"
lol it's suppose to be a spoof off of "Project Runway"
BUT we have to make all the clothing out of TRASH BAGS!!!

{I know it's gonna be a blast!}

So that's pretty much my weeks in a nut shell other subjects are normal. We have had dress up days, so here's a picture from 60's day and 80's day...

{ I was wearing my mocassin boots but you can't really see them } 

{pahahah}

One more thing. My aunt has recently gotten very sick and probably only has a few weeks left so if you could all pray for her that would be fabulous. I know when she goes she will be doing cartwheels on golden streets, but for now she needs to pass with little pain. Thank you!!

In Him, Emma ♥

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post, Emma!! And I really loved seeing those school photos. lol :P

    Clothing out of trash bags?? That HAS to be fun. You should definitely take pictures of that project when it's finished. ;)

    I'll definitely be praying for your aunt. I'm sorry she's not doing well. I know the Lord is watching over her and will take great care of her. :) Still, I'm praying!!

    It was good to hear from you again. =) I always love reading your blog posts. <3

    LYLAS,
    Taylor

    Oh, and those owls are *adorable*. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I voted on the poll but mine doesn't really count because I'm CLUELESS. lol The only name I even recognize is Lightning McQueen. :D haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha that's funny. i'm glad you enjoyed it : ) I shall have to get better at writing meaningful things like you lol i'm not quite there yet.

    ReplyDelete