Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Belated Thanksgiving

Goodness it's been forever since I've posted ANYTHING!! Life's been a little crazy, but that's always my excuse is it not?
To start off, Thanksgiving was great. My family continued our tradition of camping and headed for Inks Lake on Monday. Yes, I was a terrible student and skipped school on Monday and Tuesday for camping but I needed a break ; )
{Taken by my mother}
 However with all this homework I'm starting to think it was not such a good idea...but more on that later.  The weather man needs to start talking with God a little more because when we went down on Monday expecting chilly weather it was like 80*! We had to run by wal-mart and get some make-shift shorts since the store was ready for winter, but God let us enjoy a lit more of summer haha. Ruthanne (my sister) joined us on Wednesday and we all went to Wimberly and Llano.  Wimberly was the most fun! There were so many cats you wouldn't believe, and their square is more of an "S." There was the cutest shop with a sign on the door that said "DO NOT let cats OUT!" So of course, once you read it you immediately had to go in because that's where the cats were : )  They were two cute, fluffy Persians with flat faces...
{isn't he cute! I took this one}
In another shop I got a new super cute hat! It's big and red and irresistible. When I would wear it around town everybody stared but I kept walking cause I knew it was cute. 
On Friday we headed out and that's when it turned really cold. It was nice though because it felt like winter and Christmas!  Thursday we went to Bluebonnet cafe and met my aunt and uncle there. That was great because my aunt had been doing really poorly in health and it was great to see her out-n-about. We all ate thanksgiving lunch there; I stayed true and had turkey and dressing but other members cheated and had fried chicken, chicken fried steak, breakfast, etc. can you believe that?! It was fun though and of course their famous pie...I had banana cream, mmmmmm...
Today has been wonderful, too. Stephen came to church this morning (with a little coaxing I must say) and my dad cooked Salmon, my favorite! The downside is the homework. Making up Monday and Tuesday is not as easy as it sounds. Two tests and a project were not what I wanted to come back to after a relaxing week by the lake. But I'll struggle through as I always do...a question for those out there reading, should I make time for family and friends over homework or should I stay up late into the night finishing?? This has really bothered me because it also cuts into my God time. With all the classes I am taking, I wake up, go to school, homework, and by the time I'm done it's 11o'clock and I can barely keep my eyes open to read the Bible. That's not how I want to be spending my time with God; half-dead. Any advice would be great!!
Well I guess that's all I've got to talk about.  Thanksgiving this year was one that I can really have a lot of things to thank God for truly.  My aunt is doing well, my family has been keeping close ties, my school work has not gotten the best of me (yet), and my faith in God is starting to take shape. 
For example, I started visiting one of my friend's church because it was more modern, with songs and students that I knew well, but as time went on and I looked past the glamour and into its faith I found that it left me empty.  I wasn't getting the answers I was looking for. Thus, I went back to my parent's church and have continued going for a few weeks. I don't know whether it's resistance to change or if God needs me there, but I feel that that is my home and I should not abandon it. I am thankful for God's light showing me the path I need to follow and that I don't have to worry about me making a wrong decision when I can just trust God to always make the RIGHT one.
 
Thanks again for reading this dreadfully long thing. I hope everyone had a blessed holiday and that we prepare for the celebration of Jesus' birth with the thought of thankfulness in mind : )

In Him, Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment